Paying a Bond
If you are paying a bond for someone who has been arrested in Ripley County, you will need to contact the jail to obtain the correct bond amount.
During courthouse business hours, which are Monday- Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, excluding government holidays, you must pay the bond at the Clerk’s office. Bonds can be paid with a money order or cashier’s check.
After the courthouse has closed, you may pay the bond at the jail. Bonds at the jail can be paid with a postal money order (other money orders are not accepted) or cashiers check from a local bank.
Inmates can also be bonded out thru Govpay but there is a service fee. Govpay: 1-888-604-7888
Send inmate mail to:
210 N. Monroe Street
Versailles, IN 47042
Use this link JailATM to put money on an inmates account.
Visitation for Inmates
- Visitations are by appointment only! The inmate must sign up for visitation. If you are not signed up by the inmate, you will not be permitted to enter for visitation. Family or friends are not permitted to set up visitations.
- It is the responsibility of the inmate to contact his/her visitors. Jail officers are not authorized to set up visitation. They will not set up a visitation for any inmates or inform any visitors of visitation times.
- Visitors will need to have a photo ID to enter. Those who are on probation, parole, or have pending charges will not be permitted to visit.
- Visits will be one-half hour. Inmates are allowed 1 visitor for the entire half hour or 2 visitors for 15 minutes each.
- Cell phone use is prohibited.
Ripley County Jail Dress Code for Visitors:
- Shorts no more that 5” from the knee
- No tank tops or tube tops
- No altered clothing with removed sleeves or split collars
- No see through or provocative clothing
- No bathing suits of any type
Dress code will be strictly enforced and visitors will be turned away if any of these codes are violated!
Visiting Hours: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 9:55 pm
- Tuesday: 3:00 pm – 9:55 pm
- Thursday: 3:00 pm – 9:55 pm
Clergy are permitted to visit inmates during special visiting hours. You must be an approved clergyman to visit during these hours. In order to be approved, you must be an ordained clergyman, provide a letter (on church letterhead) from your church board, and a photo ID. You must call in advance and set up appointments.
Clergy Visiting Hours
- Thursday and Friday 8:30-10:30 am