Accident Reports

If you have been involved in an accident, you may be required by your insurance company to obtain a copy of the officer’s report.  You may request a copy of the report either by mailing a money order with the accident information or by coming to the Sheriff’s Office during business hours.

To request an accident report you will need to include the following:

  • Name of the driver involved
  • Date of accident
  • Location of accident
  • Name of officer, if available
  • A self addressed stamped envelope
  • $5.00 money order

Please call before you send your request to ensure that the report is complete and that an officer from our department worked the accident.

Send requests to:
Ripley County Sheriff’s Office
210 N. Monroe Street
Versailles, IN  47042

Access crash reports  at for $12.
Print it off and give it to your insurance company for a claim. 

Scroll to Top